Bacon & Cheese Stuffed Sweet Peppers
I see these cute, colorful little peppers in the grocery store all the time and I just have to buy them. Like a green bell pepper, they are sweet, crisp and crunchy. I snack on raw as well as use for cooking.
One of my favorite dishes to make is stuffed peppers. Normally I make them traditional with rice, ground beef and sauce. This time we wanted to try something different. These bacon & cheese stuffed sweet peppers were a huge hit, even the kids liked them. They usually won’t eat the traditional stuffed peppers!
These little guys make a perfect appetizer, lunch or side to a big Italian meal!
- 8 Small Sweet Peppers
- 1 Cup of Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup cooked crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (shaker cheese is fine!)
- 1 Medium egg (if you only have large eggs whisk it up and only pour half the egg into the ricotta)
- 1 teaspoon Italian blend seasoning ( or a pinch each of rosemary, thyme, oregano, basil)
- 1 small clove of garlic minced, or a pinch of garlic powder
- Olive oil
- pinch of salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Cut the tops of the peppers, remove the ribs & seeds
- In a medium bowl, beat (by hand) the egg into the ricotta
- Add the mozzarella, parmesan, bacon, seasonings and garlic, Mix.
- Spoon the mixture into each pepper
- Lay them on a cookie sheet that has been drizzled with olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Roast on 400 for about 15 minutes
- Cook time may vary