Chocolate and mint… a classic, all time favorite of mine. And of many others, I am certain of it! I have made grasshopper cookie sandwiches quite a few times in the past, but this time I decided to try something different. Although they aren’t totally different, it still was something new and besides, I was being lazy and did not feel like whipping up the batch of homemade cookies. Instead I spruced up a boxed brownie!
You can get away with using boxed mixes if you create at least one element homemade, no one will ever know! Shhhh. Try them out, Let us know what you think !
- 1 Box Brownie Mix, prepared
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix the flour into the prepared brownie batter, this will thicken it up making it easy to spoon onto cookie sheets.
- Drop spoonfuls, about 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes
- Allow to cool completely.
- Cream the butter (using a hand mixer) until smooth, add the peppermint extract and fold in the powdered sugar.
- Use the hand mixer to whip until all the powdered sugar is incorporated.
- Spread a small amount of frosting on the the brownies and sandwich them together.
- Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to set up.
- These freeze really well, make them ahead of time or make a double batch and freeze!