Hearty Avocado & Turkey Salad With Greek Dressing
Salads are easy, anyone can make them. But they can also be boring and leave you craving something more hearty. Not this salad! This avocado and turkey salad skips the lettuce and gives you a protein filled meal that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
What you need:
- Your favorite glass or bowl
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 Cup turkey , diced (if you do not have fresh turkey head over to the deli and ask for a thick slice or your favorite kind)
- small handful of fresh baby spinach
- 1 Can of whole beets, drained and diced
- A few green or red grapes, halved
For the Greek dressing:
- 1 Cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp each salt & pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp each dried basil & oregano
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
What to do:
With your ingredients diced into bite sized pieces, simply layer them into your dish, glass or bowl. Starting with the beets. Add any additional ingredients you desire.
For the dressing- whisk all the ingredients into the yogurt. Pour desired amount over salad.
For added flavor and flare-
Try sauteing the turkey in a little olive oil to give it a nice, warm smokey flavor!