Rich & Creamy French Vanilla Pecan Oatmeal
When the cold weather hits, there is nothing I love more for breakfast than oatmeal. I use to make a basic quick oat with brown sugar, maple syrup and maybe some raisins. It was my go to in the morning. Then one morning I decided to add a spoonful of my homemade applesauce. It was amazing. Just that simple addition took it to a whole new level. I was hooked. Not on the applesauce oatmeal, but on trying new flavors!
Next up, this creamy oatmeal that is full of sweet and crunchy , but is also good for you. Cranberries, pecans, cinnamon, nutmeg and of course my not so secret ingredient. French Vanilla Creamer! I think I bake/cook with my flavored coffee creamers more than I use them in coffee. Try it out and let us know how much you love it.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup french vanilla creamer
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Bring the water, salt and cranberries to a boil on the stove, in a medium sauce pan.
- Stir in the oats , mix and reduce heat to low.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cook until oats are tender, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Serve garnished with a dash of the french vanilla creamer.