Southwestern Style Cornbread
This recipe will make the perfect side or main dish! It’s a great way to use up any leftover ham (or if you don’t have leftover, you can buy a piece from the deli.) If you have a favorite homemade cornbread recipe feel free to use it. In the interest of time, I used a boxed mix. Jiffy Cornbread Mix is our go-to!
This recipe will feed a lot of people, so try taking this to your next dinner with friends or a family potluck. A 13×9 pan serves about 12-15 people.
- 3 boxes of Jiffy Cornbread Mix prepared
- 1 cup of diced ham ( use leftover or you can purchase a 1/4 inch thick piece from the deli)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, pepper jack or your favorite cheese
- 1 jalapeno - fine dice
- 1/4 small onion- fine dice
- 1 small tomato- chopped
- 1 ear of corn- peel and remove corn from cob
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven according to the package instructions
- Grease a 13x9 pan with butter
- Saute (in olive oil) the ham and veggies until tender ( only about 2-3 minutes for added flavor)
- Add the ham, veggies, shredded cheese to the prepared cornbread batter, mix well
- Pour evenly into pan
- Bake according to package instructions.
- Serve warm OR cooled!